PLEASE STAY HOME and avoid attending this year’s YF&R state convention if you or anyone in your immediate household identify with even one of these statements:
- You have had close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 or a symptomatic person awaiting COVID-19 test results.
- You are experiencing a cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat.
- You have or have had a fever in the last 48 hours.
- You have a new loss of taste or smell.
- You have experienced vomiting or diarrhea in the last 48 hours.
- You have received a positive COVID-19 test, are awaiting your own COVID-19 test results, or are experiencing other COVID-19 symptoms as designated by the CDC.
- You have had close contact with someone awaiting COVID-19 test results.
***Neither child care nor children activities will be provided this year due to Covid-19. Parents will be responsible for their children at all times***
To have a successful young farmer convention, we need your help now with the following items:
The County Activity Report is to be completed by your county Farm Bureau office on Sharepoint by close of business Friday, October 23, 2020. Please contact your county office and verify it is being submitted. The Young Farmers & Rancher’s County Awards of Excellence will be the Young Farmers & Ranchers County Activity Report.
A complete list of your county YF&R members along with your state dues ($25 per county) should be mailed to: Tennessee Farm Bureau, Special Programs Division, P.O. Box 313, Columbia, TN 38402-0313 no later than November 15, 2020.
Form to be mailed to: Tennessee Farm Bureau, Special Programs Division, P.O. Box 313, Columbia, TN 38402-0313 no later than November 15, 2020. County dues must be paid for your voting delegates to vote in the YF&R Annual Business Session on Sunday, December 6.
Please Note: In your district caucus or state business meeting, you cannot suspend the by-laws. This applies to the election of state committee members and state chair. Only two votes per county in good standing are permissible.
The 2020 OYW interviews will be virtual.
- Applications are online at www.tnfarmbureau.org/outstanding-young-woman.
- Must be complete and submitted by 11:59 p.m. CST on November 15, 2020.
- You will be required to upload three pictures and a short bio.
- Must be a Farm Bureau member in good standing.
Entry forms are to be submitted online. Go to tnfarmbureau.org/discussion-meet and sign up for the Discussion Meet by 11:59 p.m. CST on November 15, 2020.Applicants must be Farm Bureau members in good standing.
**The preliminary Discussion Meet Rounds will be held virtually in advance of convention. Elite 8 and Final 4 rounds will be live Sunday, December 6 at the Embassy Suites.
This year we have made an exciting new change to our Young Farmers & Ranchers County Presentations for State Convention! New for 2020, all County Presentations will be submitted in a video format. A County Presentation is required for a county to receive a top five cash award at the State Young Leaders Conference. Please submit your county video to Chris Fleming at firstname.lastname@example.org OR upload to Dropbox and share with email@example.com no later than November 15, 2020.