The Tennessee Farm Bureau State Convention is scheduled for December 2-5, 2017 at the Cool Springs Marriott and Cool Springs Embassy Suites in Franklin. YF&R events will begin Saturday morning, December 2 with registration starting at 9:00 a.m. Opening Session will begin at 10:00 a.m. Click here for a schedule. This schedule is different from years past. In order to have successful young farmer activities at the convention, we need your help now with the following items:
1. County Activity Program Report – All county YF&R committees are encouraged to complete this report. The County Activity Report is to be completed online by your county Farm Bureau Office on the Corporate Intranet. The deadline to submit the activity report online is Friday, October 13, 2017. Please contact your county office and verify that it is being submitted. The Young Farmers & Rancher’s County Awards of Excellence (formerly Gold Star) will be the Young Farmers & Ranchers County Activity Report.
2. A complete list of all your county YF&R members, along with your state dues ($25 per county) should be mailed to Tennessee Farm Bureau, Special Programs Division, P.O. Box 313, Columbia, TN 38402-0313 no later than November 15.
3. Names of YF&R Voting Delegates – Form to be mailed to Tennessee Farm Bureau, Special Programs Division, P.O. Box 313, Columbia, TN 38402-0313 no later than November 15. County dues must be paid in order for your voting delegates to vote in the YF&R Annual Business Session Sunday, December 3. Please Note: In your district caucus or state business meeting, you cannot suspend the by-laws. This applies to the election of state committee members and state chair. Only two votes per county in good standing.
4. span style=”color: #0000ff;”>Outstanding YF&R Woman – Applications are to be mailed to Tennessee Farm Bureau, Special Programs Division, P.O. Box 313, Columbia TN 38402-0313 no later than November 15. Your three pictures and 3-line bio are to be e-mailed to Kristy Chastine at email@example.com by November 15. Applications require the county Farm Bureau President’s signature. Click here for the informational letter.
The OYW Contest is on Saturday, December 2 with the announcement of the “Top 10” at 10:00 a.m. Only the top two in each district will be interviewed. The interviews will begin at 1:00 p.m.
5. Discussion Meet – Entry forms to be mailed to Tennessee Farm Bureau, Special Programs Division, P.O. Box 313, Columbia, Tennessee 38402-0313 no later than November 15. Applications are needed prior to convention so we can set up the number of rounds and secure judges. Applications require the county Farm Bureau President’s signature. The Discussion Meet Rounds begin on Saturday, December 2 at 2:00 p.m. Click here for informational letter.
6. County Presentation – A short presentation (5 pictures or less) narrated by a county young farmer committee member helps to share ideas from county to county. A County Presentation is required for a county to receive a top five cash award at the State Young Leaders Conference. Click here for the Purpose & Guidelines. Please e-mail pictures to Chris Fleming at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also prepare your own County Presentation. Please send your pictures or presentation to Chris Fleming at email@example.com or Tennessee Farm Bureau Special Programs Division, P.O. Box 313, Columbia TN 38402-0313 by November 15. County Presentations will be on Saturday, December 2 beginning at 5:00 p.m.
7. Young Farmer & Rancher Dinner – Sponsored by the Tennessee Farm Bureau. We will begin at 4:30 p.m. following the Final Four Discussion Meet on Sunday, December 3. The Retiring Chair Address, Top Five County Programs, YouTell Video Winner, and the presentation of an ORCA Cooler to the new YF&R Chairman will be conducted during the Dinner. The Young Farmer Recognition and Awards will be presented at The Farm Bureau Leadership Recognition Program at the Marriott Hotel beginning at 7:00 p.m. All contestants must be present at the Recognition Program in order to receive cash awards.
We must know accurate meal counts to properly prepare for all meals at convention, including the Young Farmer Dinner.; therefore, you need to call your county Farm Bureau office ASAP to make hotel and all meal reservations. Hotels are already selling out, so please call your county office ASAP. Please share this information with all young farmers in your county who may be attending the convention.
Thank you for your cooperation during 2017. With your help, we will have another successful convention! We look forward to seeing you there!