The Tennessee Farm Bureau State Convention is scheduled for December 7-10, 2019 at the Cool Springs Marriott and Cool Springs Embassy Suites in Franklin. YF&R events will begin Saturday morning, December 7 with registration starting at 9:00 a.m. Opening Session with keynote speaker Stephen Vaden will kick off at 10:00 a.m. Click here for a 2019 Convention Schedule. To have a successful young farmer convention, we need your help now with the following items:
1. County Activity Program Report – All county YF&R committees are encouraged to complete this report. The County Activity Report is to be completed online by your county Farm Bureau Office on the Corporate Intranet. The deadline to submit the activity report online is Friday, October 25, 2019. Please contact your county office and verify that it is being submitted. The Young Farmers & Rancher’s County Awards of Excellence (formerly Gold Star) will be the Young Farmers & Ranchers County Activity Report.
2. A complete list of all your county YF&R members, along with your state dues ($25 per county) should be mailed to Tennessee Farm Bureau, Special Programs Division, P.O. Box 313, Columbia, TN 38402-0313 no later than November 15.
3. Names of YF&R Voting Delegates – Form to be mailed to Tennessee Farm Bureau, Special Programs Division, P.O. Box 313, Columbia, TN 38402-0313 no later than November 15. County dues must be paid in order for your voting delegates to vote in the YF&R Annual Business Session Sunday, December 8. Please Note: In your district caucus or state business meeting, you cannot suspend the by-laws. This applies to the election of state committee members and state chair. Only two votes per county in good standing are permissable.
4. Outstanding Young Woman – Applications are to be mailed to Tennessee Farm Bureau, Special Programs Division, P.O. Box 313, Columbia TN 38402-0313 no later than November 15. Your three pictures and 3-line bio are to be e-mailed to Kristy Chastine at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 15. Applications require the county Farm Bureau President’s signature. Click here for the informational letter.
The OYW Contest will start on Saturday, December 7 at 10:00 a.m. Only the top two in each district will be interviewed following the 10:00 a.m. session.
5. Discussion Meet – Entry forms to be mailed to Tennessee Farm Bureau, Special Programs Division, P.O. Box 313, Columbia, Tennessee 38402-0313 no later than November 15. Applications are needed prior to convention so we can set up the number of rounds and secure judges. Applications require the county Farm Bureau President’s signature. The Discussion Meet Rounds begin on Saturday, December 7 at 2:00 p.m. Click here for the informational letter.
6. County Presentation – A short presentation (5 pictures or less) narrated by a county young farmer committee member is requested to share ideas from county to county. Plan your presentation to showcase the unique activities of your county YF&R. A County Presentation is required for a county to receive a top five cash award at the State Young Leaders Conference. Click here for the informational letter. 2019 YF&R County Presentation Form. Please e-mail pictures to Chris Fleming at email@example.com or you may also prepare your own county presentation. Please send your pictures or presentation to Chris Fleming at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tennessee Farm Bureau Special Programs Division, P.O. Box 313, Columbia TN 38402-0313 no later than November 15. County Presentations will be on Saturday, December 7 during 5:00 p.m. session.
7. Young Farmer & Rancher Dinner – Sponsored by the Tennessee Farm Bureau. We will begin at 4:30 p.m. following the Final Four Discussion Meet on Sunday, December 8. The Retiring Chair Address, Top Five County Programs, county contestant awards, and the introduction of the new YF&R state committee will be conducted during the dinner session. All contestants must be present at the YF&R Dinner session to receive cash awards. The Young Farmer Recognition and Awards will be presented at The Farm Bureau Leadership Recognition Program at the Marriott Hotel beginning at 7:00 p.m. All state winners must be present at the Recognition Program in order to receive cash awards.
We must know accurate meal counts to properly prepare for all meals at convention, including the Young Farmer Dinner.; therefore, you need to call your county Farm Bureau office ASAP to make hotel and all meal reservations. Hotels are already selling out, so please call your county office ASAP. Please share this information with all young farmers in your county who may be attending the convention.
Thank you for your cooperation during 2019. With your help, we will have another successful convention! We look forward to seeing you there!