This year, we are planning on having a County Presentation on Saturday, December 5, 2015 during the State Convention at the Embassy Suites Hotel in Franklin. We want to encourage you to begin getting your pictures together. Pictures can be of county meetings, district meetings, cookouts, farm days, safety projects, etc. The top five counties will receive a plaque for participation, which will be presented at the State Young Leaders Conference.
The “Purpose and Guidelines” are at the bottom of the page. Click here for the entry form. A Presentation is required for a county to receive a top five county activity cash award at the next State Young Leaders Conference. The presentation is limited to five (5) pictures and a two-minute time limit.
We are doing the County Presentation the same as last year. We need you to e-mail five (5) high quality digital (jpeg) pictures to Chris Fleming at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 15, 2015. Chris will develop the pictures into a Presentation and he will have them all put together when you get to the convention. You may also prepare your own County Presentation. Please send your CD to Chris Fleming at Tennessee Farm Bureau, Special Programs Division, P.O. Box 313, Columbia, TN 38402-0313 by November 15.
PURPOSE OF COUNTY PRESENTATION
The purpose of the County Presentation is to show the activities and events that a county has been involved in for the past year. This is a cumulative picture presentation beginning with State Convention in December of 2014, running throughout the year including Young Leaders Conference, Young Farmers Conference, and ending with the 2015 State Convention. A County Presentation should also include county meetings, district meetings, cookouts, farm days, safety projects, etc.
This project should be used as a learning experience by interchanging ideas between counties about their activities and projects.
COUNTY PRESENTATION “GUIDELINES”
1. Pictures will be shown during the YF&R Annual Conference on Saturday evening, December 5, 2015 during the Tennessee Farm Bureau Federation Annual Meeting in Franklin.
2. No more than two minutes in length.
3. Each county will be responsible to e-mail their pictures to Chris Fleming at email@example.com by November 15. You may also prepare your own County Presentation. Please send your CD to Chris Fleming at Tennessee Farm Bureau, Special Programs Division, P.O. Box 313, Columbia, TN 38402-0313 by November 15.
4. Each county must also be prepared to have one or more persons narrate their presentation.
5. Examples of pictures (farm days, cookouts, hayrides, safety projects, etc.)
6. Each county will receive a plaque for participation, which will be presented at the State Young Leaders Conference in Franklin, TN on February 26-27, 2016.
7. A Presentation is required for a county to receive a top five (5) County Activity (cash) Award.
8. A Presentation entry form must be submitted to the Special Programs Division with the county pictures. Entry Form is attached and also on the Farm Bureau website. Go to www.tnfarmbureau.org, click on Get Involved, then click on Young Farmers & Ranchers. The entry form will be in a protected word document. All you will have to do is type in your answers.