The Tennessee Foundation for AITC is hosting a 1-day Science Inservice for middle school teachers on the following dates and locations:
- West Tennessee – June 3: West Tennessee Research and Education Center at Jackson in Madison County.
- Middle Tennessee – June 4: Otis Floyd Nursery Research Center, 472 Cadillac Lane, McMinnville, TN 37110 in Warren County.
- East Tennessee – June 8: East Tennessee Research and Education Center in Knoxville.
- Bowling Green, KY – June 11 & 12: We are co-hosting two workshops with Kentucky Ag in the Classroom in Bowling Green.
We will begin at 9 a.m. and end by 3 p.m. We have Dr. Craig Wilson – a wonderfully entertaining scientist, coming from Texas. He is the director of the Future Scientists Program for the United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service.
The format for the day:
1) Three hours of science and research inspiration
2) A 30-minute scientist question and answer panel
3) A catered lunch
4) Scientist led interactive tours of research sites
In addition to the excellent hands-on instruction, lab work and field work, teachers who attend the institute will also receive:
1) Digital microscope
2) A certificate for 6 hours of Professional Development
3) Free materials/links to USDA/ARS labs and scientists/technicians
This inservice will be limited to the first 40 teachers to register for each workshop.