The Tennessee Foundation for AITC is hosting a 1-day Science Inservice for middle school teachers.
The first workshop will take place in West Tennessee at Lone Oaks Farm in Hardeman County on May 30. We will repeat the workshop in Middle Tennessee at the Highland Rim Research and Education Center near Springfield in Robertson County on May 31.
We will begin at 9 a.m. and end by 3 p.m. We have Dr. Craig Wilson – a wonderfully entertaining scientist, coming from Texas. He is the director of the Future Scientists Program for the United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service.
The format for the day:
1) Three hours of science and research inspiration
2) A 30-minute scientist question and answer panel
3) A catered lunch
4) Scientist led interactive tours of research sites
In addition to the excellent hands-on instruction, lab work and field work, teachers who attend the institute will also receive:
1) Digital microscope
2) A certificate for 6 hours of Professional Development
3) Free materials/links to USDA/ARS labs and scientists/technicians
This inservice will be limited to the first 40 teachers to register for each workshop.