Our green bean, tomato and Vidalia onion salad with Dijon vinaigrette dressing adds a delicious spin to the requisite veggie portion.
Serving Size: 6 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 8 minutes
TIP: Tomatoes should be stored at room temperature; refrigeration dulls their flavor. Use within a week.
- 1 ½ pounds fresh green beans
- ½ large Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large beefsteak tomato, cut into thin wedges
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup light olive oil
- Blanch green beans in a pot of boiling water until crisp tender, about 2-3 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- Whisk together first 5 vinaigrette ingredients in bowl. Slowly whisk in oil until emulsified.
Toss green beans, onion, tomato and dressing. Add salt and pepper if necessary.
Each week a different recipe will be featured to help get your taste buds in the weekend spirit. For more information on the recipes shown on the Tennessee Farm Bureau website or to see more recipes, please visit FarmFlavor.com.