We hope that your county YF&R has had a very successful year. This year, we are planning on having a County PowerPoint Presentation on Saturday, December 7, 2013 during the State Convention at the Embassy Suites Hotel in Franklin. We want to encourage you to begin getting your pictures together. Pictures can be of county meetings, district meetings, cookouts, farm days, safety projects, etc. The top five counties will receive a plaque for participation, which will be presented at the State Young Leaders Conference.
The “Purpose and Guidelines” are below, and the entry form. The entry form will be in a protected word document. All you will have to do is type in your answers.
A PowerPoint Presentation is required for a county to receive a top five county activity cash award at the next State Young Leaders Conference. The presentation is limited to five (5) pictures and a two-minute time limit.
We are doing the County PowerPoint Presentation the same as last year. We need you to e-mail five (5) high quality digital (jpeg) pictures to Chris Fleming at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 15, 2013. Chris will develop the pictures into a PowerPoint Presentation and he will have them all put together when you get to the convention. You may also prepare your own county PowerPoint. Please send your CD to Chris Fleming at Tennessee Farm Bureau, Special Programs Dept., PO Box 313, Columbia, TN 38402-0313 by November 15.
PURPOSE OF COUNTY POWERPOINT PRESENTATION
The purpose of the County PowerPoint Presentation is to show the activities and events that a county has been involved in for the past year. This is a cumulative picture presentation beginning with State Convention in December of 2012, running throughout the year including Young Leaders Conference, Young Farmers Conference, and ending with the 2013 State Convention. A County PowerPoint Presentation should also include county meetings, district meetings, cookouts, farm days, safety projects, etc.
This project should be used as a learning experience by interchanging ideas between counties about their activities and projects.
COUNTY POWERPOINT PRESENTATION “GUIDELINES”
1. Pictures will be shown during the YF&R Annual Conference on Saturday evening, December 7, 2013 during the Tennessee Farm Bureau Federation Annual Meeting in Franklin.
2. No more than two minutes in length.
3. Each county will be responsible to e-mail their pictures to Chris Fleming at email@example.com by November 15. You may also prepare your own County PowerPoint. Please send your CD to Chris Fleming at Tennessee Farm Bureau, Special Programs Department, PO Box 313, Columbia, TN 38402-0313 by November 15.
4. Each county must also be prepared to have one or more persons narrate their presentation.
5. Examples of pictures (farm days, cookouts, hayrides, safety projects, etc.)
6. Each county will receive a plaque for participation, which will be presented at the State Young Leaders Conference in Franklin, TN on February 21-22, 2014.
7. A PowerPoint Presentation is required for a county to receive a top five (5) County Activity (cash) Award.