This sweet and spicy appetizer is easy to put together and hard to resist.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours, 15 minutes (includes 4 hours refrigeration for salsa)
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 3 medium green onions, finely chopped
- 1 small red jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons peeled and finely minced fresh ginger root
- ¾ pound Brie cheese at room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
1. Pulse the cranberries in a food processor until very finely chopped.
2. Transfer to a bowl.
3. Stir in the green onions, jalapeno, sugar, salt, cilantro, lemon juice and ginger.
4. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours. Stir occasionally.
1. Remove the rind from the brie and put the cheese into a food processor with the cream cheese, pepper and lemon zest.
2. Process until very smooth.
3. Transfer to a serving bowl, cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature one hour before serving.
4. Serve with crackers and salsa on the side.
Each week a different recipe will be featured to help get your taste buds in the weekend spirit. For more information on the recipes shown on the Tennessee Farm Bureau website or to see more recipes, please visit FarmFlavor.com.