Servings: 12 biscuits
Prep Time: 30-40 minutes
Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes to 1 hour
- 2 cups unbleached self-rising flour
- ¼ cup shortening
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked country ham
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- ¼ cup milk or buttermilk
- 2 ½ tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Measure flour into medium to large bowl.
3. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4. Add ham, cheese, milk or buttermilk, and sour cream. Mix until well blended.
5. Knead gently on lightly floured surface 2-3 strokes.
6. Roll dough about ½ inch thick. Cut without twisting cutter.
7. Bake on ungreased baking sheet for 8-10 minutes. Brush tops with melted butter or margarine. Serve warm.
Each week a different recipe will be featured to help get your taste buds in the weekend spirit. For more information on the recipes shown on the Tennessee Farm Bureau website or to see more recipes, please visit FarmFlavor.com.